Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
March 14, 2018
Board Members in Attendance: Larry Velte, Maureen Pettis, Mark Heppner, Jim Bovino, Jillian Mueller, and Carolyn LaRosa.
Meeting called to order: 7:33 p.m.
Approval of February 2018 Meeting Minutes: Approved 6-0.
Treasurer’s Report: February 2018 financials reflected the following: one CAB Operating Account with a balance of $15,501.28; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,367.72 and $5,351.68; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $19,165.39; Other Current Assets with balances of $5,413.99 (Accounts Receivable - $6,178.41; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($1,066.88); Interest Receivable - $1.27; Prepaid Expenses - $301.19); bringing the total assets to a balance of $50,800.06.
- Annual Assessments – Ten properties still have liens due to unpaid annual assessments owed to KPWCA.
- Prepare for Annual Meeting – Scheduled for May 23, 2018. Two Board positions are up for election.
- Tree Removal – Northern Virginia Tree Experts and JL Tree Service have been asked for estimates on removing two trees on HOA property on Commonwealth Blvd and estimates on several trees marked on Bessmer Ln that are pending removal.
- Rabbit Branch – The Board reviewed the situation of erosion of property along Tapestry Drive. A survey completed at the Board's request determined the erosion is solely occurring on HOA property, and the Association will take no further action at this time.
- NVTC – The Association will continue to engage with Supervisor John Cook's office concerning the need for stormwater management improvements necessitated by upstream development of the Northern Virginia Training Center site and the area northeast of Braddock and Roberts Roads.
- Correspondence – None.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:09 p.m.