Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
February 14, 2018
Board Members in Attendance: Nancy Grant, Maureen Pettis, Jim Bovino, Jillian Mueller, Carolyn LaRosa, and Larry Velte.
Meeting called to order: 7:30 p.m.
Approval of January 2018 Meeting Minutes: Approved 6-0.
Treasurer’s Report: January 2018 financials reflected the following: one CAB Operating Account with a balance of $15,739.79; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,367.72 and $5,349.88; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $19,165.39; Other Current Assets with balances of $5,413.99 (Accounts Receivable - $6,178.41; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($1,066.88); Interest Receivable - $1.27; Prepaid Expenses - $301.19); bringing the total assets to a balance of $51,036.77. The two general fund CDs will be renewed for an additional year.
- Annual Assessments – Ten properties still have liens due to unpaid annual assessments owed to KPWCA.
- Audit – The Association received the final audit for 2017 and 2016 from Goldklang.
- Tree Removal – Northern Virginia Tree Experts and JL Tree Service have been asked for estimates on removing two trees on HOA property on Commonwealth Blvd. The Board discussed two other tree services that we may consider for future work.
- Correspondence – None.
- Nancy Grant will contact the Civic Association Road Raiders about focusing on cleaning up litter along Commonwealth Blvd. in the area of Shane’s Creek.
- Nancy will contact the police about chronic parking violations on Commonwealth Blvd.
- The Board discussed the Rabbit Branch erosion issue along Tapestry Drive. The Board will inform the owner of 4753 Tapestry Drive that, in view of the survey that determined the erosion is solely occurring on HOA property, the Association will take no action. However, the Association will continue to engage with Supervisor John Cook’s office concerning the need for stormwater management improvements necessitated by upstream development of the Northern Virginia Training Center site and the area northeast of Braddock and Roberts Roads.
- The Board will prepare articles for the KPW Herald about zoning regulations.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:25 p.m.