Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
October 11, 2017
Board Members in Attendance: Nancy Grant, Larry Velte, Maureen Pettis, Mark Heppner, and Jim Bovino.
Meeting called to order: 7:36 p.m.
Approval of September 2017 Meeting Minutes: Approved 4-0.
Treasurer's Report: September 2017 financials reflected the following: one CAB Operating Account with a balance of $18,967.85; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,362.36 and $5,345.89; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $19,121.27; Other Current Assets with balances of $8,673.05 (Accounts Receivable - $9,437.47; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($1,066.88); Interest Receivable - $1.27; Prepaid Expenses - $301.19); bringing the total assets to a balance of $57,470.42.
- Annual Assessments: Twelve properties still have liens due to unpaid annual assessments owed to KPWCA.
- Streambed Erosion: Board received survey results that indicated erosion is only impacting KPWCA property--no threat to homeowners property along Tapestry Drive.
- Hazardous Trees: Board will contract with Northern Virginia Tree Experts Co. to take down two trees on Allenby Road that are threatening homeowner's property. Board will alert affected homeowners of this action.
- 2017 Annual Report for the Commonwealth of Virginia State Corporation Commission: Some names of directors on KPWCA Board were missing from VSCC documents; the names were added to the 2017 annual report and mailed back to VSCC.
- Options for dues payments: Burke Community Management is offering KPWCA members ability to electronically pay annual assessments and any related financial obligations if they are interested.
- Northern Virginia Training Center: General notice: Braddock District Supervisor John Cook's office is hosting a meeting open to the public on October 17th to talk about the future of NVTC.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:25 p.m.