Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
July 12, 2017
Board Members in Attendance: Nancy Grant, Larry Velte, Mark Heppner, Carolyn LaRosa, and Jim Bovino.
Meeting called to order: 7:35 p.m.
Approval of June 2017 Meeting Minutes: Approved 4-0.
Treasurer's Report: June 2017 financials reflected the following: one CAB Operating Account with a balance of $9,394.94; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,362.36 and $5,345.89; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $19,121.27; Other Current Assets with balances of $2,284.25 (Accounts Receivable - $3,048.67; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($1,066.88); Interest Receivable - $1.27; Prepaid Expenses - $301.19); bringing the total assets to a balance of $41,508.71.
- Annual Assessments. Thirteen properties still have liens due to unpaid annual assessments due to KPWCA. Board needs to send letters to 35 homeowners who are past due (including the thirteen already with liens).
- Streambed Erosion. The Board is seeking Fairfax County assistance to correct the erosion. The Board plans to have a meeting with Braddock District Supervisor John Cook to discuss a solution. The Board will also contact a surveyor to determine property boundaries.
- Hazardous Trees. (1) Two trees on Collingham Drive and Ashcroft Court identified during the annual tree survey have not yet been removed. (2) Board will revisit two trees on Allenby marked during the spring survey that may need to be removed. Board will get bids to remove trees if necessary.
- Commonwealth/Sideburn Wall Maintenance. Work has started on the beautification of the brick wall at southeast corner of Commonwealth and Sideburn and the brick wall at the intersection of Commonwealth and Guinea. Painting has been delayed until there are enough days with no rain.
- Encroachment on Tapestry Court. Homeowner has replied to Board's letter of concern. Board will respond to Homeowner's letter with instructions that he plant trees and not mow the grass on the common property.
- Website Development. Board has a need for a new vendor to host the KPWCA website domain; current provider is making unapproved changes.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:32 p.m.