Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
May 10, 2017
Board Members in Attendance: Nancy Grant, Larry Velte, Mark Heppner, Jillian Mueller, and Jim Bovino.
Guest Member in Attendance: Carolyn LaRosa
Meeting called to order: 7:30 p.m.
Approval of April 2017 Meeting Minutes: Approved 4-0.
Treasurer's Report: April 2017 financials reflected the following: one CAB Operating Account with a balance of $17,712.38; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,362.36 and $5,345.89; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $19,121.27; Other Current Assets with balances of $2,444.25 (Accounts Receivable - $3,208.67; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($1,066.88); Interest Receivable - $1.27; Prepaid Expenses - $301.19); bringing total assets to $49,986.15.
- Annual Assessments. Thirteen properties still have liens due to unpaid annual assessments due to KPWCA. One lien was paid and released.
- Streambed Erosion. Board will contact office of Northern Virginia Soil & Water Conservation District to express concern about streambed erosion that is affecting homeowners' properties.
- Hazardous Trees.
(1) Board will send payment to JL Tree Service for taking down two hazardous trees along Roberts Road and Heversham Court, and other hazardous trees identified during annual tree survey conducted on March 25, 2017.(2) Board sought bids to remove two trees identified during the survey on Collingham and Ashcroft. (3) Board received $750 bid from JL to immediately remove a tree hanging over the shed and fence at 4788 Catterick Ct. (4) Board received notice from homeowners behind 4786 Catterick Ct. identifying trees that are a menace and will vote on that expense.
- Commonwealth/Sideburn Wall Maintenance. Board approved motion to accept a bid from Attila's EPS LLC for beautification (power wash, re-pointing, etc.) of the brick wall at southeast corner of Commonwealth and Sideburn, and the brick walls at the intersection of Commonwealth and Guinea.
- Annual General Membership Meeting. Board discussed planning for the KPWCA annual general membership meeting scheduled for May 17, 2017.
- Encroachment on Tapestry Court. Board will request guidance from the Association's attorney about responding to a homeowner on Tapestry Court who has encroached on KPWCA property.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:40 p.m.