Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2017
Board Members in Attendance: Nancy Grant, Larry Velte, Maureen Pettis, Mark Heppner, and Jillian Mueller.
Meeting called to order: 7:32 p.m.
Approval of January 2017 Meeting Minutes: Approved 4–0.
Approval of February 2017 Meeting Minutes: Approved 4–0 with edits.
Treasurer’s Report: February 2017 financials reflected the following: one CAB Operating Account with a balance of $18,614.49; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,362.36 and $5,345.89; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $19,121.27; Other Current Assets with balances of $2,775.65 (Accounts Receivable - $3,540.07; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($1,066.88); Interest Receivable - $1.27; Prepaid Expenses - $301.19); bringing the total assets to a balance of $51,219.66.
- Annual Assessments – Fourteen properties still have liens due to unpaid annual assessments due to KPWCA.
- Streambed Erosion – Board will continue efforts to contact office of Fairfax County Braddock District Supervisor to express concern about streambed erosion that may result in some trees falling around Shane's Creek and onto adjacent properties.
- Collingham Drive/Roberts Parkway Trees – Board decided to accept JL Tree Service proposal to take down two hazardous trees along Roberts Rd. and Heversham Ct. Board planning to conduct annual tree survey mid to late March.
- Tapestry Court Trees – Board obtained legal counsel to determine the Association's possible courses of action concerning several trees recently felled improperly and/or without permission on KPWCA property behind a home on Tapestry Court. Board conveyed to homeowner the limits on use of common land; homeowner understands what actions constitute encroachment.
- Commonwealth/Sideburn Wall Maintenance – Board solicited an estimate from The Outdoor Man for beautification (powerwash, repointing, etc.) of the brick walls at southeast corner of Commonwealth and Sideburn, and the brick walls at the intersection of Commonwealth and Guinea.
- Architectural Control – Homeowner on corner of Dundalk/Pumphrey did not request approval from Architectural Control Committee (ACC) for fence built on property. ACC will provide homeowner with information how to get approval from ACC so that the homeowner can be in compliance with covenants.
- Annual General Membership Meeting – Board planning for 2017 Annual General Membership meeting scheduled for May 17th, 2017. Board draft budget for 2018 proposes to maintain annual assessment at $40.00 per home. Notification letter to homeowners will be provided to vendor for printing and mailing.
- April 2017 Meeting – Board will reschedule monthly meeting to April 5th, 2017.
Hearing no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:33 p.m.
# # #