Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
February 8, 2017
Board Members in Attendance: Nancy Grant, Larry Velte, Maureen Pettis, Mark Heppner, and Jillian Mueller.
Meeting called to order: 7:32 p.m.
Approval of January 2017 Meeting Minutes: Approved 4–0.
Treasurer’s Report: January 2017 financials reflected the following: one CAB Operating Account with a balance of $19,127.90; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,362.36 and $5,345.89; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $19,121.27; Other Current Assets with balances of $2,775.65 (Accounts Receivable - $3,540.07; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($1,066.88); Interest Receivable - $1.27; Prepaid Expenses - $301.19); bringing the total assets to a balance of $51,733.07.
- FY 2016 Audit – Board provided vendor conducting the FY 2016 audit with documents needed to complete actions relating to the KPWCA FY 2016 Audit and other financial obligations.
- Annual Assessments – Fourteen properties still have liens due to unpaid annual assessments due to KPWCA. Board voted 4-0 in favor to forgive amounts totaling $1.00 or less of interest from arrearages on annual assessments that have been paid in full to date.
- Streambed Erosion – Board will contact office of Fairfax County Braddock District Supervisor to express concern about streambed erosion around Shane's Creek and adjacent properties.
- Collingham Drive/Roberts Parkway Trees – Board will seek estimates in the Spring for removal of potential tree hazards on KPWCA property; some trees may need to eventually be felled but are not currently posing imminent threat to KPWCA property.
- Tapestry Court Trees – Board will seek legal counsel to determine the Association’s possible courses of action concerning several trees recently felled on KPWCA property behind a home on Tapestry Court improperly and without permission.
- Commonwealth/Sideburn Wall Maintenance – Board will seek estimate for beautification (powerwash, repointing, etc.) of the brick walls at southeast corner of Commonwealth and Sideburn, and the brick walls at the intersection of Commonwealth and Guinea.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:15 p.m.