Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
September 13, 2023
Board Members in Attendance: Maureen Pettis, Mark Heppner, Jim Bovino, Diane Jeffers, and Sharon Decker.
Meeting called to order: 7:28 pm.
Approval of August 2023 Meeting Minutes: Approved with edits.
Treasurer’s Report: August 2023 financials reflected the following: one CIT Operating Account with a balance of $19,009.61; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,524.08 and $5,507.11; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $22,901.02; [Accounts Receivable - $6,053.74; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($3,905.41); Assessments Receivable - $259.90; Interest Receivable - ($258.63); Prepaid Expenses - $301.19]; total other current assets with balances of $2,450.79; bringing the total assets to a balance of $55,392.61.
- Unpaid Assessments: Board to work with attorney to develop plan for collecting unpaid assessments owed to KPWCA.
- Bethany House: Fairfax County Board of Supervisors held a meeting September 12 and approved zoning variance for the Bethany House project planned in the Kings Park West area.
- Correspondence from members: Board will draft a letter to remind homeowner they have unpaid assessments.
- Tree Work: Board approved vendor to remove hazardous trees from common land near 10323 Commonwealth.
- Board Meeting Schedule: Next meeting scheduled for October 11, 2023, at Laurel Ridge Elementary School.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 7:54 pm.