Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
August 16, 2023
Board Members in Attendance: Larry Velte, Carolyn LaRosa, Maureen Pettis, Mark Heppner, Jim Bovino, Diane Jeffers, and Sharon Decker.
Meeting called to order: 7:34 pm.
Approval of July 2023 Meeting Minutes: Approved.
Treasurer’s Report: July 2023 financials reflected the following: one CIT Operating Account with a balance of $17,220.59; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,524.08 and $5,507.11; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $22,901.02; [Accounts Receivable - $6,254.94; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($3,905.41); Assessments Receivable - $259.90; Interest Receivable - ($258.63); Prepaid Expenses - $301.19]; total other current assets with balances of $2,651.99; bringing the total assets to a balance of $53,804.79.
- Unpaid Assessments: Board to work with attorney to develop plan for collecting unpaid assessments owed to KPWCA.
- Landscaping: Board paid vendor for completing landscaping at the KPWCA entry at Sideburn and Commonwealth.
- Bethany House: Fairfax County Board of Supervisors held a meeting July 20 and approved zoning variance for the Bethany House project planned in the Kings Park West area.
- O. Box Renewal: Board paid fee to renew post office mailbox.
- Correspondence from members: Board will draft a letter to remind homeowner they have unpaid assessments.
- Board Meeting Schedule: Next meeting scheduled for September 13, 2023, will be via Zoom.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:18 pm.