Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
July 12, 2023
Board Members in Attendance: Larry Velte, Maureen Pettis, Mark Heppner, Jim Bovino, and Diane Jeffers.
Meeting called to order: 7:34 pm.
Approval of June 2023 Meeting Minutes: Approved.
Treasurer’s Report: June 2023 financials reflected the following: one CIT Operating Account with a balance of $8,338.72; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,524.08 and $5,507.11; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $22,901.02; [Accounts Receivable - $6,616.94; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($3,905.41); Assessments Receivable - $259.90; Interest Receivable - ($258.63); Prepaid Expenses - $301.19]; total other current assets with balances of $3,013.99; bringing the total assets to a balance of $45,284.92.
- Unpaid Assessments: Board is still waiting for Burke Community Management Group (BCMG) to provide Board with a roster of homeowners with current liens in place. Board needs this information to work with attorney to develop plan for collecting unpaid assessments owed to KPWCA.
- Landscaping: Board approved bid from vendor to landscape the KPWCA entry at Sideburn and Commonwealth.
- Bethany House: Fairfax County Board of Supervisors rescheduled a meeting to July 20 to discuss the Bethany House project planned in the Kings Park West area. There will be a hybrid option for those who are unable to attend.
- P.O. Box Renewal: Board will pay fee to renew post office mailbox.
- Correspondence from members: Board will provide information to intern in Braddock District Supervisor James Walkinshaw’s office who asked for information on home owner associations in this district.
- Board Meeting Schedule: Next meeting scheduled for August 16, 2023, will be via Zoom.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 7:57 pm.