Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
June 14, 2023
Board Members in Attendance: Larry Velte, Carolyn LaRosa, Maureen Pettis, Mark Heppner, Sharon Decker, and Diane Jeffers.
Meeting called to order: 7:31 pm.
Approval of May 2023 Meeting Minutes: Approved.
Treasurer’s Report: Board did not receive May 2023 financials in time for meeting. Subsequently provided, the financials reflected the following: one CIT Operating Account with a balance of $9,234.93; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,524.08 and $5,507.11; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $22,901.02; [Accounts Receivable - $6,858.14; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($3,905.41); Assessments Receivable - $259.90; Interest Receivable - ($258.63); Prepaid Expenses - $301.19]; total other current assets with balances of $3,255.19; bringing the total assets to a balance of $46,422.33.
- Unpaid Assessments: Board is still waiting for Burke Community Management Group (BCMG) to provide Board with a roster of homeowners with current liens in place. Board needs this information to work with attorney to develop plan for collecting unpaid assessments owed to KPWCA.
- Tree Work: Board paid vendor for removing fallen pine tree by KPWCA entrance at Commonwealth and Twinbrook.
- Landscaping: Board will solicit bids from vendors to landscape the KPWCA entry at Sideburn and Commonwealth.
- Annual Meeting Summary: Board approved summary of annual membership meeting held on May 17, 2023, at Laurel Ridge Elementary School (LRES).
- Approval of 2023-2024 Budget: Board approved. Board will notify BCMG to process annual assessments.
- Election of Officers: Board elected Larry Velte as president, Carolyn LaRosa as vice-president, Maureen Pettis as treasurer, and Mark Heppner as secretary for the 2023-2024 fiscal year.
- State Corporation Commission: Board paid the $25 annual fee.
- Correspondence from members: Board received email from KPW member stating a neighbor was keeping chickens on neighbor’s property. Board replied to member that keeping of chickens must be in accordance to Fairfax County zoning ordinance and KPWCA covenants.
- Bethany House: The Fairfax County Planning Commission will hold a public hearing on June 21, 2023, for persons wishing to present their views on an application from Bethany House to permit a congregate living facility on a parcel of land in KPW.
- Board Meeting Schedule: Next meeting scheduled for July 12, 2023, will be at LRES.Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 7:52 pm.