Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
May 10, 2023
Board Members in Attendance: Larry Velte, Carolyn LaRosa, Maureen Pettis, Mark Heppner, Sharon Decker, and Diane Jeffers.
Meeting called to order: 7:29 pm.
Approval of April 2023 Meeting Minutes: Approved.
Treasurer’s Report: April 2023 financials reflected the following: one CIT Operating Account with a balance of $10,294.65; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,524.08 and $5,507.11; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $22,901.02; [Accounts Receivable - $8,184.34; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($3,905.41); Assessments Receivable - $259.90; Interest Receivable - ($258.63); Prepaid Expenses - $301.19]; total other current assets with balances of $4,581.39; bringing the total assets to a balance of $48,808.25.
- Tree Work: Board paid vendor for removing hazardous tree near 4840 Allenby.
- Unpaid Assessments: Board still waiting for Burke Community Management Group to provide Board with a roster of homeowners with current liens in place. Board needs this information to work with attorney to develop plan for collecting unpaid assessments owed to KPWCA.
- Annual Meeting: Board will hold annual membership meeting on May 17, 2023, at Laurel Ridge Elementary School (LRES). Sharon Decker, Mark Heppner, and Larry Velte are up for reelection to the Board.
- Tree Work: Board will solicit bids from vendors to remove fallen pine tree by KPWCA entrance at Commonwealth and Twinbrook.
- Landscaping: Board will solicit bids from vendors to landscape the KPWCA entry at Sideburn and Commonwealth.
- Board Meeting Schedule: Next meeting scheduled for June 14, 2023, will be at LRES.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:12 pm.