Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
April 12, 2023
Board Members in Attendance: Larry Velte, Carolyn LaRosa, Maureen Pettis, Mark Heppner, Jim Bovino, Sharon Decker, and Diane Jeffers.
Meeting called to order: 7:34 pm.
Approval of March 2023 Meeting Minutes: Approved.
Treasurer’s Report: March 2023 financials reflected the following: one CIT Operating Account with a balance of $11,230.86; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,522.70 and $5,505.74; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $22,895.31; [Accounts Receivable - $8,823.63; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($3,905.41); Assessments Receivable - $259.90; Interest Receivable - ($258.63); Prepaid Expenses - $301.19]; total other current assets with balances of $5,220.68; bringing the total assets to a balance of $50,375.29.
- Tree Work: Board paid vendor for removing fallen trees near 4885 Wheatstone.
- Unpaid Assessments: Board still needs Burke Community Management Group to provide Board with a roster of homeowners delinquent in paying annual assessments. Board needs this information to work with attorney to develop plan for collecting unpaid assessments owed to KPWCA.
- Tree Work: Board approved bid from vendor to remove hazardous tree near 4840 Allenby.
- Landscaping: Board will solicit bids from vendors to landscape the KPWCA entry at Sideburn and Commonwealth.
- Bethany House: Board received request that KPWCA write a letter or email stating that KPWCA does not object to Bethany House applying for a special exception for congregate living for it’s short-term housing project in KPW. Board is taking a neutral position and does not advocate for or against the Bethany House project provided it complies with Fairfax County regulations and KPWCA covenants.
- Board Meeting Schedule: Next meeting scheduled for May 10, 2023, will be at Laurel Ridge Elementary School (LRES).
- Annual Meeting: Board will hold annual membership meeting on May 17, 2023, at LRES. Sharon Decker, Mark Heppner, and Larry Velte are up for reelection to the Board.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:27 pm.