Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2023
Board Members in Attendance: Larry Velte, Carolyn LaRosa, Maureen Pettis, Mark Heppner, Jim Bovino, and Sharon Decker.
Meeting called to order: 7:31 pm.
Approval of February 2023 Meeting Minutes: Approved.
Treasurer’s Report: Board did not receive February 2023 financials in time for the meeting. Subsequently provided financials reflected the following: one CIT Operating Account with a balance of $13,172.41; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,522.70 and $5,505.74; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $22,895.31; [Accounts Receivable - $8,983.63; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($3,905.41); Assessments Receivable - $259.90; Interest Receivable - ($258.63); Prepaid Expenses - $301.19]; total other current assets with balances of $5,380.68; bringing the total assets to a balance of $52,476.84.
- Unpaid Assessments: Board will work with attorney to develop plan for collecting unpaid assessments owed by homeowners.
- Audit: Board received the Representation Letter in connection with audit of financial statements. Board will sign the letter and return it to the auditors.
- Tree Work: Board accepted bid from vendor to remove dead tree near 4885 Wheatstone.
- Correspondence from Members: A homeowner is concerned about large amounts of dog waste accumulating near his home. Board reminds KPWCA members they are responsible for removal of dog waste deposited by their dogs.
- Board Meeting Schedule: Next monthly meeting scheduled for April 12, 2023, will be at Laurel Ridge Elementary School.
- Annual Meeting: Board will hold annual membership meeting on May 17, 2023, at Laurel Ridge Elementary School. Sharon Decker, Mark Heppner, and Larry Velte are up for reelection to the Board.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:09 pm.