Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
August 10, 2022
Board Members in Attendance: Larry Velte, Carolyn LaRosa, Maureen Pettis, Mark Heppner, Jim Bovino, Diane Jeffers, and Sharon Decker.
Meeting called to order: 7:32 pm.
Approval of July 2022 Meeting Minutes: Approved.
Treasurer’s Report: July 2022 financials were not available at time of meeting. Subsequently provided financials reflected the following: one CIT Operating Account with a balance of $11,475.18; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,522.43 and $5,505.47; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $21,894.22; [Accounts Receivable - $5,824.43; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($3,905.41); Assessments Receivable - $259.90; Interest Receivable - ($258.63); Prepaid Expenses - $301.19]; total other current assets with balances of $2,221.68; bringing the total assets to a balance of $46,618.78.
- 2020-2021 Assessments/Liens: Fourteen homeowners have liens for unpaid assessments in prior years. Four homeowners owe $120 for unpaid 2020-2021 assessments.
- 2021-2022 Assessments: Four homeowners owe $80 for assessments, 31 homeowners owe $40 for assessments. Assessments were due by October 1, 2021.
- Tree Work: Board approved vendor to trim the holly trees at Commonwealth Boulevard and Sideburn Road. Work will be completed late August weather permitting.
- Unkempt Properties: Board will send letter to homeowner whose property is in violation of KPWCA covenants and county zoning provisions. The letter will urge corrective action and possible referral to county officials.
- Annual Meeting Actions: Board appointed Sharon Decker to serve as a director until July 2023; Board reviewed and accepted summary of annual meeting proceedings; Board adopted the 2022-2023 budget; Board reelected incumbent slate of officers for another fiscal year (President – Larry Velte, Vice-President – Carolyn LaRosa, Treasurer – Maureen Pettis, Secretary – Mark Heppner).
- Correspondence from Members: Homeowner on Collingham Drive reported a neighbor may be running a vacation rental and car rental business from the neighbor’s residence. Board advised homeowner to report his suspicions with the Fairfax County Police.
- Braddock Beacon: Board encourages homeowners to read Braddock District Supervisor James Walkinshaw’s monthly newsletter for information about Fairfax County government activities and events.
- Board Meeting Schedule: Next meeting is scheduled for September 14, 2022 at Laurel Ridge Elementary School.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:01 pm.