Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
July 13, 2022
Board Members in Attendance: Larry Velte, Carolyn LaRosa, Maureen Pettis, Mark Heppner, Jim Bovino, and Diane Jeffers.
Meeting called to order: 7:32 pm.
Approval of June 2022 Meeting Minutes: Approved.
Treasurer’s Report: June 2022 financials reflected the following: one CIT Operating Account with a balance of $11,937.59; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,522.43 and $5,505.47; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $21,894.22; [Accounts Receivable - $5,824.43; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($3,905.41); Assessments Receivable - $259.90; Interest Receivable - ($258.63); Prepaid Expenses - $301.19]; total other current assets with balances of $2,221.68; bringing the total assets to a balance of $47,081.19.
Board is requesting Burke Community Management Group (BCMG) provide update on unpaid assessments and liens.
- 2020-2021 Assessments/Liens: Ten homeowners have liens for unpaid assessments in prior years. Four homeowners owe $120 for unpaid 2020-2021 assessments.
- 2021-2022 Assessments: Four homeowners owe $80 for assessments, 31 homeowners owe $40 for assessments. Assessments were due by October 1, 2021.
- 2022 Annual Meeting: Board is preparing for the annual meeting scheduled for July 20, 2022, at Laurel Ridge Elementary School. BCMG mailed notification letters, proxies, and proposed 2022-2023 budget to homeowners. Diane Jeffers serving as nominating committee for board of director elections.
- Tree Work: BCMG paid vendor for tree work completed at 10325 Commonwealth Boulevard.
- Tree Work: Board will solicit quotes to cut down hazardous tree on Catterick Court.
- Tree Work: Board will solicit quotes to trim the holly trees at Commonwealth Boulevard and Sideburn Road.
- Unkempt Properties: Board will send letter to homeowner whose property is in violation of KPWCA covenants.
- Board Meeting Schedule: Next meeting is scheduled for August 10, 2022. Laurel Ridge Elementary School room is unavailable so the meeting will be held at Larry Velte’s home.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:18 pm.