Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
April 13, 2022
Board Members in Attendance: Larry Velte, Carolyn LaRosa, Maureen Pettis, Mark Heppner, Jim Bovino, and Diane Jeffers.
Meeting called to order: 7:46 pm.
Approval of March 2022 Meeting Minutes: Approved.
Treasurer’s Report: March 2022 financials reflected the following: one CIT Operating Account with a balance of $15,528.47; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,522.15 and $5,505.19; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $21,893.13; [Accounts Receivable - $6,504.63; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($3,905.41); Assessments Receivable - $259.90; Interest Receivable - ($258.63); Prepaid Expenses - $301.19]; total other current assets with balances of $2,901.68; bringing the total assets to a balance of $51,350.62.
KPWCA Deferred Assessment Resolution: The Association elects to apply all or part of the excess assessment income to the following year’s assessments and that such final amount shall be at the Board’s discretion.
- 2020-2021 Assessments/Liens: Burke Community Management Group (BCMG) needs to provide update to status of liens filed in December 2021.
- 2021-2022 Assessments: BCMG needs to provide update to status of unpaid accounts; assessments were due by October 1, 2021.
- Tree Work: Board paid vendor for cutting down a dead tree that was a hazard or danger to property at 10324 Collingham.
- Expired Check: Board waiting for BCMG to place a stop payment on a $150 check written February 25, 2020, to the US Post Office and has never been canceled.
- Shane Creek Stream Restoration: Fairfax County has begun restoration of Rabbit Branch Tributary at Collingham Drive; expected to be substantially completed in early winter 2023.
- Bethany House: Board consulted with Association’s attorney for legal advice and updated homeowners who attended the March 9, 2022, Board of Directors meeting with information provided by Bethany House about plans for a property donated to the charity.
- 2022 Annual Meeting: Board is preparing for the annual meeting scheduled for July 20, 2022. Board will mail notification letters/proxies, propose a budget, and notify homeowners of vacant board of director positions.
- Liability Insurance: Board will ask BCMG to contact insurance vendor to provide our current policy to Fairfax County Public Schools for meeting venue approval.
- Board Meeting Schedule: Board is rescheduling the next meeting for May 18, 2022.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:28 pm.