Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
January 12, 2022
Board Members in Attendance: Larry Velte, Carolyn LaRosa, Maureen Pettis, Mark Heppner, & Jim Bovino.
Meeting called to order: 7:39 pm.
Approval of December 2021 Meeting Minutes: Approved.
Treasurer’s Report: December 2021 financials reflected the following: one CIT Operating Account with a balance of $18,583.73; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,522.15 and $5,505.19; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $21,893.13; [Accounts Receivable - $9,064.83; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($3,905.41); Assessments Receivable - $259.90; Interest Receivable - ($258.63); Prepaid Expenses - $301.19]; total other current assets with balances of $5,461.08; bringing the total assets to a balance of $56,966.08.
- 2020-2021 Assessments/Liens: Larry and Maureen will contact Burke Community Management Group (BCMG) and request updates to status of liens filed in December 2021. Homeowners who did not pay the fiscal year 2020-2021 assessments by November 15, 2021, were to have liens placed on those properties in December 2021. Board will consult with the Association’s lawyer about pursuing nonjudicial foreclosure on properties whose homeowners are delinquent on assessments prior to fiscal year 2020-2021.
- 2021-2022 Assessments: Larry and Maureen will contact BCMG and request updates to status of past due notices BCMG was mailing in December 2021 to the homeowners who have not paid the 2021-2022 assessment which was due by October 1, 2021.
- KPW Herald: Board submitted another article to the Herald; article expands on Community Association themes.
- KPWCA Website: Board renewed the Association’s website in January 2022.
- Architectural Review Committee: Committee received request from a homeowner for approval to make changes to their driveway; committee referred homeowner to Fairfax County which has jurisdiction for this matter. Committee received request from a homeowner for approval to build a retaining wall; advised homeowner approval from committee not required for this matter.
- Constituent Correspondence: Homeowner requested assessment whether a dead tree was a hazard or danger to property at 10324 Collingham.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:05 pm.