Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
December 8, 2021
Board Members in Attendance: Larry Velte, Carolyn LaRosa, Mark Heppner, Jim Bovino, & Diane Jeffers.
Guest Member in Attendance: Jerry Jeffers.
Meeting called to order: 7:29 pm.
Approval of November 2021 Meeting Minutes: Approved as amended.
Treasurer’s Report: November 2021 financials reflected the following: one CIT Operating Account with a balance of $19,206.07; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,522.15 and $5,505.19; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $21,893.13; [Accounts Receivable - $9,499.83; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($3,905.41); Assessments Receivable - $259.90; Interest Receivable - ($258.63); Prepaid Expenses - $301.19]; total other current assets with balances of $5,896.88; bringing the total assets to a balance of $58,023.42.
Maureen and Carolyn visited the bank to add Carolyn to the signature card for the CD’s. However, the bank informed them that Mark needs to be present to change signature card because Mark is also on the signature card.
- 2020-2021 Assessments/Liens: Homeowners who have not paid the fiscal year 2020-2021 assessments by November 15, 2021, will be subjected to having liens placed on those properties in December 2021. Board will consult with the Association’s lawyer about pursuing nonjudicial foreclosure on properties whose homeowners are delinquent on assessments prior to fiscal year 2020-2021.
- 2021-2022 Assessments: Burke Community Management Group will mail past due notices and letters this month to the homeowners who did not pay the 2021-2022 assessment which was due by October 1, 2021.
- KPW Herald: Board will submit additional Herald articles expanding on Community Association themes of previous article.
- Architectural Review Committee: Committee reviewed and approved requests from three homeowners for architectural changes to their properties.
- KPWCA Website: Board will renew the Association’s website in January 2022.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 7:58 pm.