Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
October 13, 2021
Board Members in Attendance: Larry Velte, Carolyn LaRosa, Maureen Pettis, Mark Heppner, James Bovino, & Diane Jeffers.
Meeting called to order: 7:32 pm.
Approval of September 2021 Meeting Minutes: Approved.
Treasurer’s Report: September 2021 financials reflected the following: one CIT Operating Account with a balance of $20,830.00; Cash in Transit with a balance of $1,000.00; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,521.87 and $5,504.92; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $20,892.08; [Accounts Receivable - $13,620.43; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($3,905.41); Assessments Receivable - $259.90; Interest Receivable - ($258.63); Prepaid Expenses - $301.19]; total other current assets with balances of $10,017.48; bringing the total assets to a balance of $63,766.35.
Board approved motion to modify the Liabilities & Equity accounting lines on the balance sheet to reflect recommended standard accounting practices.
- Annual Assessments/Liens: Larry and Maureen met with Burke Community Management Company to discuss the status of assessments/liens. Final notice letters were sent to 31 homeowners who have not paid the fiscal year 2020-2021 assessments. Past due assessments not received by November 15, 2021, will result in liens placed on those properties in December 2021.
- Annual State Corporation Commission Report: Board filed the report and identified the KPWCA directors as required.
- KPW Herald: Article explaining the purpose of the KPW Community Association and how it is different from the KPW Civic Association was published. Additional Herald articles will be submitted.
- Tree Work: Two diseased trees on KPWCA land endangering member’s property at 10404 Ashcroft Way were removed. Board paid the vendor for completed work.
- Member Correspondence: Member submitted map of home owner associations in our neighborhoods. Map will be posted on KPWCA website.
- KPWCA Officers: Nancy Grant is no longer a homeowner in KPW and Board will seek to appoint a replacement to fill the vacant post.
- Member Correspondence: Several members prefer electronic/online forms of payment to pay annual assessment rather than writing a check but that option is not currently available. Board will consult with management company to see if an online payment option can be made available.
- Monthly Meetings: Board has returned to meeting in-person at the Laurel Ridge Elementary School CCS Multi-purpose room. Meetings are scheduled the second Wednesday of the month at 7:30 pm.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:22 pm.