Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
September 8, 2021
Board Members in Attendance: Larry Velte, Carolyn LaRosa, Maureen Pettis, Mark Heppner, & James Bovino.
Meeting called to order: 7:45 p.m.
Approval of August 2021 Meeting Minutes: Approved as amended.
Treasurer’s Report: August 2021 financials reflected the following: one CIT Operating Account with a balance of $9,141.16; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,521.87 and $5,504.92; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $20,892.08; [Accounts Receivable - $5,820.03; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($3,905.41); Assessments Receivable - $259.90; Interest Receivable - ($258.63); Prepaid Expenses - $301.19]; total other current assets with balances of $2,217.08; bringing the total assets to a balance of $43,277.11.
- Annual Assessments/Liens: Larry and Maureen will schedule a visit with Burke Community Management Company to receive updates on status of assessments and liens of homeowners who are delinquent in paying annual assessments.
- State Corporation Commission Report: Board received hard copy of report from SCC. Report is due next month and needs to identify the directors. Board has already paid the filing fee.
- KPW Herald: Board submitted an article for next publication of the Herald. Article explains the purpose of the KPW Community Association and how it is different from the KPW Civic Association.
- Association Member Complaint/Tree Work: Member delivered to the Board complaint concerning a diseased tree on KPWCA land endangering member’s property at 10404 Ashcroft Way. Board is soliciting bids from vendors to remove the tree. Board approved motion to accept lowest bid.
- Selection of Officers: Larry Velte, president; Carolyn LaRosa, vice-president; Maureen Pettis, treasurer; Mark Heppner, secretary.
- Member Correspondence: Member submitted map of home owner associations in our neighborhoods. Map will be posted on KPWCA website.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:45 p.m.