Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
July 14th, 2021
Board Members in Attendance: Anthony Consumano, Larry Velte, Maureen Pettis, Mark Heppner, Carolyn LaRosa
Guest: Diane Jeffers, member
Meeting called to order: 7:42 p.m. Meeting held virtually via Zoom video conferencing.
Approval of June 2021 Meeting Minutes: Approved.
Treasurer’s Report: June 2021 financials reflected the following: one CAB Operating Account with a balance of $10,344.92; two general fund CDs with balances of $5,521.87 and $5,504.92; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $20,892.08; [Accounts Receivable - $5,940.23; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($3,905.41); Assessments Receivable - $259.90; Interest Receivable - ($258.63); Prepaid Expenses - $301.19]; total other current assets with balances of $2,337.28; bringing the total assets to a balance of $44,601.07.
- Annual Assessments/Liens: Ten properties currently have liens due to unpaid annual assessments owed to KPWCA. An additional 10 have not paid 2019 or 2020 so will become liens starting August 1st, which is one year after the final due date.
- Northern Virginia Training Center Project: Monitoring the project related to stormwater runoff that will improve the stream banks which run through our property and into Royal Lake.
- Annual Membership Meeting: Board confirmed July 21st at 7:30 PM St. Mary of Sorrows Church meeting hall for use of their facility because Fairfax County School System is not allowing gatherings during the pandemic. All members have been mailed meeting invitation/instructions, proxy materials, and the 2021-2022 budget. The agenda will include election of two Board positions. We need 58 members present in person or by proxy for quorum.
- Tree Work: No additional tree work at this time.
- Budget: Budget for membership review was sent to board members for review. This will be reviewed and adopted in August after the annual meeting.
- August meeting: Wednesday, August 11th, 2021, meeting will be held in person at Maureen’s house.
- Proxy Submission: Problem with the post office box may have impacted return of proxies. Notification via the Community Association website and social media will hopefully mitigate this.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:21 p.m.