Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
June 9th, 2021
Board Members in Attendance: Anthony Consumano, Larry Velte, Maureen Pettis, Mark Heppner, James Bovino, Barbara Keith (Burke Community Management.)
Meeting called to order: 7:40 p.m. Meeting held virtually via Zoom video conferencing.
Approval of May 2021 Meeting Minutes: Approved.
Treasurer’s Report: May 2021 financials reflected the following: one CAB Operating Account with a balance of $12,504.17; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,521.87 and $5,504.92; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $20,892.08; [Accounts Receivable - $6,060.23; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($3,905.41); Assessments Receivable - $259.90; Interest Receivable - ($258.63); Prepaid Expenses - $301.19]; total other current assets with balances of $2,457.28; bringing the total assets to a balance of $46,880.32.
- Annual Assessments/Liens: Ten properties currently have liens due to unpaid annual assessments owed to KPWCA. An additional 10 have not paid 2019 or 2020 so will become liens starting August 1st, which is one year after the final due date.
- Northern Virginia Training Center Project: Monitoring the project related to stormwater runoff that will improve the stream banks which run through our property and into Royal Lake Park.
- Annual Membership Meeting: Board confirmed July 21st at 7:30 PM St. Mary of Sorrows Church meeting hall for use of their facility because Fairfax County School System is not allowing gatherings during the pandemic. Board will send out meeting invitation/instructions, proxy materials, and the 2021-2022 budget to all members. The agenda will include election of two Board positions.
- Tree Work: Board scheduled tree removal for June 9th to be done by Northern Virginia Tree at 4790 Catterick Court.
- July meeting: Wednesday, July 14th, 2021, meeting will be held in person at Maureen’s house.
- Budget: Budget for membership review was sent to board members for review. This will be reviewed and adopted in August after the annual meeting.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:20 p.m.