Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
May 12, 2021
Board Members in Attendance: Larry Velte, Maureen Pettis, Mark Heppner, Carolyn LaRosa, & James Bovino.
Meeting called to order: 7:55 p.m. Meeting held virtually via Zoom video conferencing.
Approval of April 2021 Meeting Minutes: Approved.
Treasurer’s Report: April 2021 financials reflected the following: one CAB Operating Account with a balance of $13,583.85; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,521.87 and $5,504.92; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $20,892.08; [Accounts Receivable - $6,261.03; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($3,905.41); Assessments Receivable - $259.90; Interest Receivable - ($258.63); Prepaid Expenses - $301.19]; total other current assets with balances of $2,658.08; bringing the total assets to a balance of $48,160.80.
- Annual Assessments/Liens: Ten properties currently have liens due to unpaid annual assessments owed to KPWCA. Board will request Burke Community Management Company to provide status of properties who did not pay assessment last year to ask for list of liens that were released.
- Northern Virginia Training Center Project: Monitoring the project related to stormwater runoff that will improve the stream banks which run through our property and into Royal Lake Park.
- Annual Membership Meeting: Planning for July 21st. Board will request St. Mary of Sorrows Church for use of their facility. Board will send out meeting invitation/instructions, proxy materials, and the 2021-2022 budget to all members. The agenda will include election of two Board positions.
- June meeting: Wednesday, June 9, 2021, meeting will potentially be held in person at Larry Velte’s home.
- Budget: Draft budget was sent to board members for review during May meeting.
- Tree Work: Board scheduled tree removal for May 14 to be done by Northern Virginia Tree at 5206 Pimlico Court.
- Executive Session: Board entered Executive Session to discuss internal personnel matter.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:32 p.m.