Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
February 15, 2021
Board Members in Attendance: Carolyn LaRosa, Larry Velte, Maureen Pettis, James Bovino, Anthony Consumano, Mark Heppner, and Nancy Grant
Meeting called to order: 7:32 p.m. Meeting held virtually via Zoom video conferencing.
Approval of January 2021 Meeting Minutes: Approved.
Treasurer’s Report: January 2021 financials reflected the following: one CAB Operating Account with a balance of $13924.63; Cash in Transit with a balance of $0.00; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,521.60 and $5,504.65; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $20,891.04; [Accounts Receivable - $7,942.03; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($3,905.41); Assessments Receivable - $259.90; Interest Receivable - ($258.63); Prepaid Expenses - $301.19]; total other current assets with balances of $4,339.08; bringing the total assets to a balance of $50,181.00.
- Annual Assessments/Liens – Ten properties currently have liens due to unpaid annual assessments owed to KPWCA. Board to follow up with Burke Community Management Company to research status of properties who did not pay assessment last year to ask for list of liens that were released.
- Online Banking – Treasurer to continue researching online banking accounts which may offer higher interest rates and yields.
- Northern Virginia Training Center Project – Monitoring the project related to stormwater runoff that will improve the stream banks which run through our property and into Royal Lake Park.
- Home Remodeling – Board continues to remind homeowners about county ordinances when remodeling homes (i.e., construction at home on Commonwealth Blvd.)
- Annual Meeting: Typically scheduled in May, but Board is looking into possibilities to push it to Summer or Fall due to continuing Coronavirus concerns. Guidance from the HOA lawyer recommended to have the meeting after July 1st with at least 15 days notice. We can always schedule a zoom meeting. Depending on the pandemic restrictions in place the meeting could be held via remote teleconferencing or in person at appropriate venue.
- Trimming Sidewalk Vegetation: Sidewalk along HOA common land between 10318 and 10324 Commonwealth Blvd needs work to clear vegetation overgrowing onto it. Board members will inspect and take action. Delayed by weather.
- Next Monthly meeting – March 10th, 2021 meeting will be held virtually via Zoom.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:00 p.m.