Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
January 18th, 2021
Board Members in Attendance: Carolyn LaRosa, Larry Velte, Maureen Pettis, James Bovino, Anthony Consumano, Mark Heppner, and Nancy Grant
Meeting called to order: 7:55 p.m. Meeting held virtually via Zoom video conferencing.
Approval of December 2020 Meeting Minutes: Approved.
Treasurer’s Report: December 2020 financials reflected the following: one CAB Operating Account with a balance of $15032.03; Cash in Transit with a balance of $0.00; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,521.60 and $5,504.65; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $20,891.04; [Accounts Receivable - $7,987.03; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($3,905.41); Assessments Receivable - $259.90; Interest Receivable - ($258.63); Prepaid Expenses - $301.19]; total other current assets with balances of $4,384.08; bringing the total assets to a balance of $51,333.40.
- Annual Assessments/Liens – Ten properties currently have liens due to unpaid annual assessments owed to KPWCA. Board to follow up with Burke Community Management Company to research status of properties who did not pay assessment last year to ask for list of liens that were released. HOA management stated one lien was paid since last month.
- Online Banking – Treasurer to continue researching online banking accounts which may offer higher interest rates and yields.
- Northern Virginia Training Center Project – Monitoring the project related to stormwater runoff that will improve the stream banks which run through our property and into Royal Lake Park.
- Home Remodeling – Board continues to remind homeowners about county ordinances when remodeling homes (i.e., construction at home on Commonwealth Blvd.)
- Next Monthly meeting – February 15th, 2021 meeting will be held virtually via Zoom.
- HOA Website: Larry received and paid invoices totaling $143.31 for annual KPW HOA website renewal, and will request reimbursement.
- Trimming Sidewalk Vegetation: Sidewalk along HOA common land between 10318 and 10324 Commonwealth Blvd needs work to clear vegetation overgrowing onto it. Board members will inspect and take action.
- Annual Meeting: Typically scheduled in May, but Board is looking into possibilities to push it to Summer or Fall due to continuing Coronavirus concerns. Will seek professional advice from our HOA lawyer and HOA Management company
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:30 p.m.