Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
October 14, 2020
Board Members in Attendance: Nancy Grant, Mark Heppner, Larry Velte, Maureen Pettis, James Bovino, & Carolyn LaRosa.
Meeting called to order: 7:33 p.m. Meeting held virtually via Zoom video conferencing.
Approval of September 2020 Meeting Minutes: Approved.
Treasurer’s Report: September 2020 financials reflected the following: one CAB Operating Account with a balance of $25,210.09; Cash in Transit with a balance of $1,000.00; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,520.22 and $5,503.27; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $19,886.06; [Accounts Receivable - $8,851.93; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($3,905.41); Assessments Receivable - $259.90; Interest Receivable - ($258.63); Prepaid Expenses - $301.19]; total other current assets with balances of $7,369.18; bringing the total assets to a balance of $62,368.62.
- Annual Assessments/Liens – Eleven properties currently have liens due to unpaid annual assessments owed to KPWCA. Board to follow up with Burke Community Management Company to research status of properties who did not pay assessment last year to ask for list of liens that were released. HOA management stated two have been released but have not informed us which ones.
- 2020 Reserve Study – Board paid $918 (first payment of 2020 reserve study proposal) to Miller Dodson. Board will provide responses to Miller Dodson's questions about KPWCA property. Board will pay $1705 for second payment when due. Total cost of study is $2,623.
- Trees – Northern Virginia Tree Experts completed work on hazardous trees behind 10400 Ashcroft Way and 10323 Commonwealth Boulevard. Board will make payment.
- Trees – Board will accept $645 quote from Northern Virginia Tree Experts to complete work on hazardous tree at 4761 Tapestry Drive.
- Online Banking – Treasurer to continue researching online banking accounts which may offer higher interest rates and yields.
- Northern Virginia Training Center Project – Board continues to monitor the project related to stormwater runoff that will improve the stream banks which run through our property and into Royal Lake Park.
- Trees – Board will seek quote to remove dead tree at 10422 Collingham Drive.
- Homeowner requested waiver of liens on his property, claiming he had not received notifications of past due assessments. Board will seek advice from management company and legal consultant.
- Home Remodeling - Board considered it necessary to remind homeowners about county ordinances when remodeling homes (i.e., construction at home on Commonwealth Blvd.)
- Next meeting – November 11th, 2020 meeting will be held virtually via Zoom.Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:15 p.m.