Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
September 9, 2020
Board Members in Attendance: Anthony Consumano, Mark Heppner, Larry Velte, Nancy Grant, Maureen Pettis, James Bovino, and Carolyn LaRosa.
Meeting called to order: 7:33 p.m. Meeting held virtually via Zoom video conferencing.
Approval of August 2020 Meeting Minutes: Approved.
Treasurer’s Report: September 2020 financials reflected the following: one CAB Operating Account with a balance of $24,517.71; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,520.22 and $5,503.27; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $19,886.06; [Accounts Receivable - $10,972.13; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($3,905.41); Assessments Receivable - $259.90; Interest Receivable - ($258.63); Prepaid Expenses - $301.19]; total other current assets with balances of $7,369.18; bringing the total assets to a balance of $62,796.44.
- Annual Assessments/Liens – Eleven properties currently have liens due to unpaid annual assessments owed to KPWCA. Board to follow up with Burke Community Management Company to research status of properties who did not pay assessment last year. Assessments for fiscal year 2020-2021 were mailed out July and due August 31, 2020. HOA management stated two have been released but have not informed us which ones.
- 2020 Reserve Study – Board will send $918 (first payment of 2020 reserve study proposal) to Miller Dodson. Total cost of study is $2,623.
- Trees – Board investigated claim of hazardous trees behind 10400 Ashcroft Way and 10323 Commonwealth Boulevard. We determined to go with Northern Virginia Tree Experts, Inc. as they are the cheapest option.
- Trees - Work behind 4914 Heversham Court and 4780 Catterick Court is complete.
- Trees – 4761 Tapestry Drive tree is likely not on HOA property, but we will check with the owner to get a better understanding of the property line.
- Mailbox – Board confirmed that the KPWCA Post Office box is active and both keys work.
- Online Banking – Treasurer to continue researching online banking accounts which may offer higher interest rates and yields.
- Northern Virginia Training Center Project – Monitoring the project as it relates to stormwater runoff that will improve the stream banks which run through HOA property and into Royal Lake Park.
- Monthly meeting – October 14th, 2020, meeting will be held virtually via Zoom.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:15 p.m.