Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
January 22, 2020
Board Members in Attendance: Anthony Consumano, Nancy Grant, Mark Heppner, Larry Velte, James Bovino
Meeting called to order: 7:38 p.m.
Approval of December 2019 Meeting Minutes: Pending corrections and/or amendments.
Treasurer’s Report: December 2019 financials reflected the following: one CAB Operating Account with a balance of $19,233.60; zero Cash in Transit account with a balance of $0.00; two general fund CD's with balances of $5472.26 and $5,455.46; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $19,713.39; [Accounts Receivable - $6,304.81; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($2,282.68); Assessments Receivable - $259.90; Interest Receivable - $1.27; Prepaid Expenses - $301.19]; bringing the total assets to a balance of $54,459.20. Total Other Current Assets with balances of $4,584.49.
- Annual Assessments/Liens – Fourteen properties currently have liens due to unpaid annual assessments owed to KPWCA. The Burke Community Management Company is in the process of filing and releasing liens as necessary.
- HOA Website - The kpwhoa.org domain and the domain name were renewed for one year.
- Wall at 10320 Collingham Drive – Owner submitted a plat with where the wall will be and said it did not require approval by Fairfax County because it is 4 feet or less. The home owner provided a sketch of the project for the board’s awareness. No neighbors have complained at this time. The Fairfax County zoning investigation is still in progress.
- Tree Inquiry – 4911 Heversham Court inquired about a tree branch which fell on his deck causing damage.
- HOA Management – The Board requested that a Burke Community Management Group representative attend the February 12th Board meeting.
- Annual Meeting – Annual membership meeting will be held on May 20th.
- 2015 Reserve Study – Every five years the Association’s Reserve Study must be updated. As Virginia does not require a professional engineer to perform this task, the board can conduct the study if it has the competency. Planning for the 2020 update continues.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:30 p.m.