Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
August 14, 2019
Board Members in Attendance: Nancy Grant, Mark Heppner, Maureen Pettis, Jim Bovino, and Larry Velte.
Meeting called to order: 7:32 p.m.
Approval of July 2019 Meeting Minutes: Approved 4-0.
Treasurer’s Report: July 2019 financials reflected the following: one CAB Operating Account with a balance of $8,683.38; one Cash in Transit account with a balance of $1,000.00; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,417.81 and $5,401.18; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $17,537.15; Other Current Assets with balances of $3,299.69 (Accounts Receivable - $5,020.01; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($2,282.68); Assessments Receivable - $259.90; Interest Receivable - $1.27; Prepaid Expenses - $301.19); bringing the total assets to a balance of $41,339.21. Treasurer will move $1000.00 from Cash in Transit account to the Reserve Study CD.
- Annual Assessments/Liens – Fourteen properties have liens due to unpaid annual assessments owed to KPWCA. Board approved motion 4-0 to delegate the task of managing lien processing to Burke Community Management Group. Board approved motion 4-0 to follow up with attorney to pursue remedies for collection of unpaid assessments and liens.
- NVTC – KPWCA will continue to engage with Supervisor John Cook's office concerning the need for stormwater management improvements necessitated by upstream development of the Northern Virginia Training Center site and the potential development of a housing community in the area northeast of Braddock Road and Roberts Road. On July 16, 2019, the board of supervisors unanimously approved both the rezoning proposals.
- Tree Removal – Board paid JL Tree Service for completing work order to take down hazardous trees on 10305 Nantucket Court. Board will remind JL Tree Service about work order for hazardous tree on 4914 Haversham.
- 2020 Reserve Study – Board will need to hire a licensed civil engineer to determine future costs for infrastructure repairs/maintenance.
- Board Meetings – Board meetings will again be held at Laurel Ridge Elementary School as of September 11, 2019.
- Eagle Scout Project – Cole Luther will complete an Eagle Scout project by landscaping signs around KPWCA.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:22 p.m.