Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
September 11, 2019
Board Members in Attendance: Nancy Grant, Mark Heppner, Maureen Pettis, and Larry Velte.
Meeting called to order: 7:30 p.m.
Approval of August 2019 Meeting Minutes: Approved 4-0.
Treasurer’s Report: August 2019 financials reflected the following: one CAB Operating Account with a balance of $16,707.75; one Cash in Transit account with a balance of $1,000.00; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,417.81 and $5,401.18; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $17,537.15; Other Current Assets with balances of $14,494.05 (Accounts Receivable - $16,214.37; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($2,282.68); Assessments Receivable - $259.90; Interest Receivable - $1.27; Prepaid Expenses - $301.19); bringing the total assets to a balance of $60,557.94. Treasurer will move $1,000.00 from Cash in Transit account and $1,000.00 from CAB Operating Account to the Reserve Study CD on October 12, 2019.
- Annual Assessments/Liens – Fourteen properties have liens due to unpaid annual assessments owed to KPWCA.
- NVTC – KPWCA will continue to engage with Supervisor John Cook's office concerning the need for stormwater management improvements necessitated by upstream development of the Northern Virginia Training Center site and a housing community in the area northeast of Braddock Road and Roberts Road.
- Tree Removal – Board paid JL Tree Service for completing work order to take down hazardous tree on 4914 Heversham.
- 2020 Reserve Study – Board determined it may prepare the 2020 Reserve Study on its own and will not need to hire a licensed civil engineer to determine future costs for infrastructure repairs/maintenance.
- Eagle Scout Project – Cole Luther will complete an Eagle Scout project by landscaping signs around KPWCA.
- Sightlines at Commonwealth and Twinbrook – KPWCA member expressed concern about tree foliage and landscaping at intersection interfering with visibility of traffic signals . Commonwealth Blvd. and its center strip, which contains several large trees, belongs to and is the responsibility of VDOT. Board will review the issue,
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:13 p.m.