Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
July 10, 2019
Board Members in Attendance: Nancy Grant, Mark Heppner, Maureen Pettis, Anthony Consumano, Jim Bovino, Carolyn LaRosa, and Larry Velte.
Meeting called to order: 7:35 p.m.
Approval of June 2019 Meeting Minutes: Approved 5-0.
Treasurer’s Report: June 2019 financials reflected the following: one CAB Operating Account with a balance of $10,471.87; one Cash in Transit account with a balance of $1,000.00; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,417.81 and $5,401.18; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $17,537.15; Other Current Assets with balances of $3,482.61 (Accounts Receivable - $5,202.93; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($2,282.68); Assessments Receivable - $259.90; Interest Receivable - $1.27; Prepaid Expenses - $301.19); bringing the total assets to a balance of $43,310.62. Treasurer will move $1000.00 from Cash in Transit account to the Reserve Study CD.
- Annual Assessments/Liens – Fourteen properties have liens due to unpaid annual assessments owed to KPWCA. Board received information from Burke Community Management Group (BCMG) about it's fees for the administration and processing of unpaid assessments and liens.
- NVTC – KPWCA will continue to engage with Supervisor John Cook's office concerning the need for stormwater management improvements necessitated by upstream development of the Northern Virginia Training Center site and the potential development of a housing community in the area northeast of Braddock Road and Roberts Road. The next public hearing will be on July 16, 2019.
- Tree Removal – Board will request JL Tree Service to take down hazardous trees on 10305 Nantucket Court.
- Board Officers – Board voted 7-0 to elect the board members to the following offices: Nancy Grant (president); Mark Heppner (vice-president); Maureen Pettis (treasurer); Anthony Consumano (secretary). James Bovino, Carolyn LaRosa, and Larry Velte will serve as members-at-large.
- Summer Meetings – Board meetings on August 14 and September 11, 2019, will be at home of Maureen Pettis.
- 2020 Reserve Study – Board will need to hire a civil engineer to determine future costs for infrastructure repairs/maintenance.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:40 p.m.