Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
April 10, 2019
Board Members in Attendance: Nancy Grant, Larry Velte, Maureen Pettis, Mark Heppner, Carolyn LaRosa and Jim Bovino
KPWCA Homeowner in Attendance: Mr. Cory Lloyd.
Meeting called to order: 7:35 p.m.
Approval of March 2019 Meeting Minutes: Approved 4-0.
Treasurer’s Report: March 2019 financials reflect the following: one CAB Operating Account with a balance of $12,234.44; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,417.81 and $5,401.18; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $17,537.18; Other Current Assets with balances of $5,316.57 (Accounts Receivable - $7,036.89; Allowance for Bad Debt - ($2,282.68); Assessments Receivable - $259.90; Interest Receivable - $1.27; Prepaid Expenses - $301.19); bringing total assets to $45,907.18.
- Annual Assessments/Liens – Fourteen properties have liens due to unpaid annual assessments owed to KPWCA. Board will request information from Burke Community Management Group (BCMG) about its fees for the administration and processing of unpaid assessments and liens.
- NVTC – The Association will continue to engage with Supervisor John Cook's office concerning the need for stormwater management improvements necessitated by upstream development of the Northern Virginia Training Center site and the potential development of a housing community in the area northeast of Braddock Road and Roberts Road.
- Annual Meeting – Board reviewed draft budget proposal in preparation for the 2019 annual meeting. The annual meeting is scheduled for May 15, 2019, at 7:30 p.m.
- Late Fees – Per request from the Board, BCMG waived late fees owed by homeowners if the overdue amount was $1.00 or less.
- Architectural Review Committee – Board has a vacancy for a member on the ARC; former ARC member recently resigned.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:30 p.m.