Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
March 13, 2019
Board Members in Attendance: Nancy Grant, Larry Velte, Maureen Pettis, Mark Heppner, and Jim Bovino.
Meeting called to order: 7:35 p.m.
Approval of February 2019 Meeting Minutes: Approved 4-0.
Treasurer’s Report: February 2019 financials reflected the following: one CAB Operating Account with a balance of $12,662.24; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,344.24 and $5,327.83; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $17,299.10; Other Current Assets with balances of $5,516.57 (Accounts Receivable - $7,236.89; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($2,282.68); Assessments Receivable - $259.90; Interest Receivable - $1.27; Prepaid Expenses - $301.19); bringing the total assets to a balance of $46,149.98.
- Annual Assessments/Liens – Fourteen properties have liens due to unpaid annual assessments owed to KPWCA. Board will utilize legal services recommended by attorney to address longstanding unpaid assessments and liens.
- NVTC – The Association will continue to engage with Supervisor John Cook's office concerning the need for stormwater management improvements necessitated by upstream development of the Northern Virginia Training Center site and the potential development of a housing community in the area northeast of Braddock Road and Roberts Road.
- Member Correspondence – Board mailed a letter to the homeowner who had a brush pile in the front yard of his home on Tapestry Drive. The brush pile has been removed.
- Annual Meeting – Board reviewed draft budget proposal in preparation for annual meeting. The annual meeting is scheduled for May 15, 2019, at 7:30 p.m.
- Late Fees – Board will contact Burke Community Management Group to request late fees owed by homeowners in the amount of $1.00 or less are waived.
- Architechtural Review Committee – Board has a vacancy for a member on the ARC; former ARC member recently resigned.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:22 p.m.