Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
February 13, 2019
Board Members in Attendance: Nancy Grant, Larry Velte, Maureen Pettis, Mark Heppner, and Jillian Mueller.
Meeting called to order: 7:33 p.m.
Approval of January 2019 Meeting Minutes: Approved 4-0.
Treasurer’s Report: January 2019 financials reflected the following: one CAB Operating Account with a balance of $13,255.47; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,344.24 and $5,327.83; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $17,299.10; Other Current Assets with balances of $5,596.17 (Accounts Receivable - $7,316.49; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($2,282.68); Assessments Receivable - $259.90; Interest Receivable - $1.27; Prepaid Expenses - $301.19); bringing the total assets to a balance of $46,822.81.
- Annual Assessments/Liens – Fourteen properties have liens due to unpaid annual assessments owed to KPWCA. Board will utilize legal services recommended by attorney to address longstanding unpaid assessments and liens.
- Tree Removal – All work is complete and board has paid all invoices to date.
- NVTC – The Association will continue to engage with Supervisor John Cook's office concerning the need for stormwater management improvements necessitated by upstream development of the Northern Virginia Training Center site and the potential development of a housing community in the area northeast of Braddock Road and Roberts Road.
- Member Correspondence – Board mailed a letter to the homeowner who has a brush pile in the front yard of his home on Tapestry Drive. The letter was rejected and returned to the Board.
- Annual Meeting – Board contacted vendor to prepare, print, and mail proxy ballot and budget proposal in preparation for annual meeting. The annual meeting is scheduled for May 15, 2019, at 7:30 p.m.
- Late Fees – Board approved motion to forgive late fees owed by homeowners if the amount owed is $1.00 or less.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:17 p.m.