Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
January 9, 2019
Board Members in Attendance: Nancy Grant, Larry Velte, Maureen Pettis, Jim Bovino, and Carolyn LaRosa.
Absent: Mark Hepner, Jillian Mueller
Meeting called to order: 7:30 p.m.
Approval of December 2018 Meeting Minutes: Approved 5-0.
Treasurer’s Report: November 2018 financials reflected the following: one CAB Operating Account with a balance of $13,891.15; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,344.24 and $5,327.83; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $17,299.10; Other Current Assets with balances of $5,676.17 (Accounts Receivable - $7,396.49; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($2,282.68); Assessments Receivable - $259.90; Interest Receivable - $1.27; Prepaid Expenses - $301.19); bringing the total assets to a balance of $47,583.49.
- Annual Assessments/Liens – No change from previous month. Fourteen properties have liens due to unpaid annual assessments owed to KPWCA. Discussion is planned for next month to utilize legal services recommended by attorney to address these longstanding unpaid assessments and liens.
- Tree Removal – All work is complete all invoices paid. No issues were raised.
- Update on work for beautification of KPW entrances – no update.
- NVTC – The Association will continue to engage with Supervisor John Cook's office concerning the need for stormwater management improvements necessitated by upstream development of the Northern Virginia Training Center site. Larry Velte attended the December 17 meeting where a site map was presented that showed underground water catchments. No further information on the potential development of a housing community in the area northeast of Braddock Road and Roberts Road.
- Brush pile on property on Tapestry Drive – no change. County will remove and bill the owners.
- Member Correspondence – No correspondence.
Planning for the annual meeting of the KPWCA HOA - Larry Velte will reserve the Laurel Ridge meeting room for either May 15 or May 22, 2019. Maureen Pettis will have a draft budget to discuss for the next monthly meeting in February.
Changing ordinance on signs in people’s yards. The Braddock Beacon indicated that there will be a discussion on changing some rules in the ordinance by the Board of Supervisors on February 5. Not sure how it will affect HOAs
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:15 p.m.