Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
September 12, 2018
Board Members in Attendance: Nancy Grant, Larry Velte, Maureen Pettis, Mark Heppner, Jim Bovino, and Carolyn LaRosa.
Meeting called to order: 7:31 p.m.
Approval of August 2018 Meeting Minutes: Approved 5-0.
Treasurer’s Report: August 2018 financials reflected the following: one CAB Operating Account with a balance of $22,425.74; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,344.24 and $5,327.83; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $17,299.10; Other Current Assets with balances of $10,848.66 (Accounts Receivable - $11,613.08; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($1,066.88); Interest Receivable - $1.27; Prepaid Expenses - $301.19); bringing the total assets to a balance of $61,245.57.
- Annual Assessments/Liens – Seventeen properties have liens due to unpaid annual assessments owed to KPWCA. Board will seek legal advice for remedies to long-standing unpaid assessments and liens.
- Tree Removal – Board made payment to JL Tree Service for completing all work on marked trees.
- NVTC – The Association will continue to engage with Supervisor John Cook's office concerning the need for stormwater management improvements necessitated by upstream development of the Northern Virginia Training Center site and the potential development of a housing community in the area northeast of Braddock Road and Roberts Road.
- Landscaping – Board will request quote from landscapers to do maintenance and beautification on the HOA easements at Commonwealth Boulevard and Sideburn Rd.
- Correspondence – Architectural Control Committee to review request from homeowner for approval of a new fence.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:05 p.m.