Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
July 11, 2018
Board Members in Attendance: Nancy Grant, Larry Velte, Maureen Pettis, Mark Heppner, Jim Bovino, and Carolyn LaRosa.
Meeting called to order: 7:40 p.m.
Approval of June 2018 Meeting Minutes: Approved 5-0.
Treasurer’s Report: June 2018 financials reflected the following: one CAB Operating Account with a balance of $9,478.44; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,344.24 and $5,327.83; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $17,299.10; Other Current Assets with balances of $5,254.39 (Accounts Receivable - $6,018.81; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($1,066.88); Interest Receivable - $1.27; Prepaid Expenses - $301.19); bringing the total assets to a balance of $42,704.00.
- Annual Assessments/Liens – Ten properties still have liens due to unpaid annual assessments owed to KPWCA. Board will sent letter to eighty-eight people who have not paid 2017-2018 assessment, informing them a lien will be filed on their property if assessment is not paid by August 3, 2018. Board will file liens on unpaid assessments no later than August 15, 2018. Board will waive the late fee for eight homeowners who owe less than one dollar.
- Tree Removal – Board will request that JL Tree Service take down previously marked trees on Nottinghill Road and Commonwealth Boulevard.
- KPW Public Notice Signboards – Board mailed letters to the KPW Civic Association so they may request from Fairfax County the permits needed to replace signboards. Board will contact Mr. Berlin (Fairfax County Parks) regarding the Braddock Nights signs.
- NVTC – The Association will continue to engage with Supervisor John Cook's office concerning the need for stormwater management improvements necessitated by upstream development of the Northern Virginia Training Center site and the potential development of a housing community in the area northeast of Braddock Road and Roberts Road.
- Correspondence – None.
- Letter to Homeowners – Board will send an information sheet covering several topics to all members as part of the annual assessment invoices.
- Zoning – Supervisor Cook will soon host a public hearing on zoning for AirBnB properties.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:41 p.m.