Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
August 10, 2016
Board Members in Attendance: Nancy Grant, Mark Heppner, Jillian Mueller, and Jim Bovino
Meeting called to order: 7:33 p.m.
Approval of July Meeting Minutes: Approved 4–0 with corrections made.
Treasurer’s Report: July financials reflected the following: one CAB Operating Account with a balance of $21,754.22; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,357.01 and $5,340.09; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $18,601.16; Other Current Assets with balances of $2,312.56 (Accounts Receivable - $2,010.10; Interest Receivable - $1.27; Prepaid Expenses - $301.19); bringing the total assets to a balance of $53,365.04.
· Lien Release and Arrearages – Board placed eighteen liens on homes for unpaid 2015-2016 annual assessments. Board Vice-President is addressing one lien that is disputed by a homeowner.
· Annual Tree Encroachment Survey – All trees in the common land identified during the Spring walkthrough as hazardous to the KPWCA homes were taken down. Board approved payment to tree removal vendor who completed the work. Board President will email Burke Community Management Group to request payment be made.
· Homeowner/Aggressive Dog – Board President emailed the homeowner to inform her the Board discussed the concern about aggressive dogs and Board President will write an article addressing the topic for the Herald.
· Appointment of Board Member – No progress reported on filling the one-year term for a vacant Board member position.
· Location of Board Meetings – Monthly Board meetings resume at LRES beginning in September.
· Burke Community Management Group – Board approved a motion 4-0 to ask Crystal to explain Commonly Accepted Accounting procedures at the September meeting.
New Business: Board Vice-President will investigate whether a deck on a KPWCA home is in violation of KPWCA convenants.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:07 p.m.