Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
July 13, 2016
Board Members in Attendance: Nancy Grant, Larry Velte, Maureen Pettis, Mark Heppner, and Jillian Mueller
Meeting called to order: 7:39 p.m.
Approval of June Meeting Minutes: Approved 4–0
Treasurer’s Report: June financials reflected the following: CAB Operating Account balance of $11,929.89; two general fund CD's in the amount of $5,357.01 and $5,340.09; one Reserve Study CD balance of $18,601.16; Other Current Assets balance of $2,992.17 (Accounts Receivable - $2,689.71; Interest Receivable - $1.27; Prepaid Expenses - $301.19); bringing the total assets to a balance of $44,220.32. Board approved a motion 4-0 to ask Crystal to explain Commonly Accepted Accounting procedures.
· Annual Meeting Minutes – Approved 4-0.
· Annual Tree Encroachment Survey – All trees in the common land identified during the Spring walkthrough as hazardous to the KPWCA homes were taken down. Board approved payment to tree removal vendor who completed the work.
· Commonwealth/Sideburn Holly Trees – The Board will delay action on landscaping of the Holly bushes until the Fall.
· Lien Release and Arrearages – Board received checks from two homeowners to pay for assessment and avoid liens being filed on their home. Three final notices were returned to the Post Office as undelivered. Board will try to find the mailing address of these homeowners to contact them and have them pay their assessments.
· Appointment of Board Member – Larry Velte will ask a KPWCA homeowner if they have an interest in being appointed to serve a one-year term for a vacant Board member position.
· Location of August Board Meetings – Due to unavailability of Laurel Ridge Elementary School, the August 10th meeting will be held at the home of Mark Heppner. Meetings at LRES will resume in September.
Communications from Members: A KPWCA homeowner wrote to the KPWCA Yahoo email address asking the Board to advise what actions to take after being attacked by a neighborhood dog while walking near Mornington Court.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:41 p.m.