Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
June 8, 2016
Board Members in Attendance: Nancy Grant, Larry Velte, Maureen Pettis, Mark Heppner, and Jim Bovino
Meeting called to order: 7:35 p.m.
Approval of May Meeting Minutes: Approved 5–0
Treasurer’s Report: May financials were not available for this meeting. They were subsequently provided to the Treasurer on June 14th and reflected the following: CAB Operating Account balance of $16,879.42; two general fund CD's in the amount of $5,357.01 and $5,340.09; one Reserve Study CD balance of $18,601.16; Other Current Assets balance of $2,992.17 (Accounts Receivable - $2,689.71; Interest Receivable - $1.27; Prepaid Expenses - $301.19); bringing the total assets to a balance of $49,169.85.
· Annual Meeting Minutes – Larry will revise the annual meeting minutes in accordance with edits recommended by Board members and send to Board members for vote.
· Annual Tree Encroachment Survey – The Board received three quotes for removal of trees on HOA property deemed to be threatening damage homeowners property. The Board decided to accept one of the quotes and will ask the vendor selected to proceed with removal of the five to six trees identified by the Board.
· Commonwealth/Sideburn Holly Trees – The homeowner requested the Holly bushes not be replaced until the Fall so that flowers may be planted this summer.
· Insert to Assessment Invoices – The Board approved by a 5-0 vote to include an insert to the assessment invoices that will be mailed out in the next few weeks. The insert discusses HOA disclosure packets and the overall appearance of the neighborhood.
· Lien Release and Arrearages – A homeowner was notified that his lien was released.
· Approval of 2017 Budget – The Board approved the 2017 budget by a 5-0 vote.
· Maintenance of Common Land – The Board responded to a question from a homeowner asking who is responsible to maintain common land. The HOA is responsible for maintenance of common land in accordance with the covenants and county ordinances.
· Election of Officers – These officers will serve in 2017 fiscal year: Nancy Grant (President); Larry Velte (Vice-President); Maureen Pettis (Treasurer); Mark Heppner (Secretary).
· Location of July and August Board Meetings – Due to unavailability of Laurel Ridge Elementary School, the July 13th meeting will be held at the home of Maureen Pettis, and the August 10th meeting will be held at the home of Mark Heppner. Meetings at LRES will resume in September.
Communications from Members: A homeowner asked the Board to check out a potentially hazardous tree. The Board will investigate.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:39 p.m.